The healthcare and insurance reform debate continues with more protests and raucous confrontations at town hall meetings around the country . The White House says misinformation from grassroots organizations is the problem.The keys to healthcare reform according to Democratic lawmakers on the Hill.
– no discrimination for pre-existing conditions like diabetes or heart condition
– no dropping or refusing to renew coverage if you get sick
– no more job or life decisions made because of loss of coverage
– no need to change doctors or plans–if you like them, keep them. Choice!!!
– no co-pays for preventive care
– no excessive out-of-pocket costs
– yearly caps on what you pay
– but no yearly or lifetime caps on what insurance companies cover
Hate crimes are now a part of the melee of the healthcare reform debates. A swastika was spray painted on black Georgia Congressman David Scott’s Congressional office sign. He contends the perpetrator was aiming at the president not him. Presidential Spokesman Robert Gibbs address the matter in very strong words at the White House Press briefing.