d ultimately its passage.
House Majority Whip James Clyburn during the Summits Lunch break, made it to the White House to talk with reporters.
President Obama walking back to Blair House was asked if he was hopeful for session two.
The Health Reform Summit began in the morning across the street from the White House. Just outside and several feet away, there was High Tea, minus finger sandwiches and Petit Fours. The tea party hosted a demonstration with participants chanting “kill the bill.”
Republican congressman, Paul Ryan equates the health care reform to a ponzi scheme. The Ponzi definition, a fraudulent investment operation. Congressman Ryan believes the “government should not be in control of all this”, but people should be in control. He contends there is not common ground like the president says between the parties on Health Care Reform.
The Administration believes that comprehensive health reform should:
• Reduce long-term growth of health care costs for businesses and government
• Protect families from bankruptcy or debt because of health care costs
• Guarantee choice of doctors and health plans
• Invest in prevention and wellness
• Improve patient safety and quality of care
• Assure affordable, quality health coverage for all Americans
• Maintain coverage when you change or lose your job
• End barriers to coverage for people with pre-existing medical conditions